Due to the tremendous technological development, we can do almost everything with a few clicks on our phone, and traveling is not an exception. In India, nearly 2.5 crore passengers use the medium of the train to travel every day. Wouldn’t it be easier if people could book train tickets from a travel-friendly app itself rather than waiting in line for hours? These apps make traveling easier.
A couple of train ticket booking apps make the journey hassle-free and easier than before. These apps have partnered with IRCTC ( Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation ) to help users book train ticket. These apps are a one-stop solution for searching for the perfect train for your destination. In addition, you can keep a tab on the live running status, which platform number it will arrive, whether the train is on time or delayed. You can even book your meal and many other features.
Features of train ticket booking apps:
- With the partnership of IRCTC, You can IRCTC book ticket based on the predictions on the app as mostly 94% of the time, these predictions are correct. You can quickly check the availability of the keys and book the ticket in just a matter of time.
- Get a refund on the ticket cancellation through free cancellation. You can determine the cancellation charges on whether your ticket was RAC or waiting list.
- Check the live train status to know where your train is. You can check your train running status both inside and outside the train. The app even shows whether the train is late and by how many minutes\hours. With the app, you can see how many stations are between the beginning and the end of the journey.
- With the help of your PNR status, you can check whether your RAC or waiting seat is confirmed or not. You can even check the PNR status for the waitlisted tickets.
- Before booking the ticket, you can check the availability of the trains and seat availability, train fare, etc. If your seats are not available, the app will suggest alternate trains to book tickets.
- The chart gets uploaded on the app 4 hrs before the journey so you can check on which platform the train will arrive. And if your seat is confirmed or not in any case, it was RAC or waiting list at the time of booking.
- You can calculate the fares of different trains for yourself and your family members, such as children, senior citizens, or any other concession. You can calculate the cancellation charges based on whether it’s a confirmed ticket, RAC, or waiting list.
- You can order your meal from the app itself, and you will get it delivered to your seat.
- Many of the apps provide combination tickets for the train to train and bus to train for a smooth traveling experience.
- The payment modes accepted here are UPI, mobile banking, debit card, and credit card.
So next time, you must not miss the opportunity to book your train tickets on the train ticket booking apps for a hassle-free travel experience.